Kanu Links

Logo.jpg (10236 bytes)

Camp 516


camp516.jpg (13067 bytes)


Camp 516 was in Osway Twp. In 1956 the buildings of Jerome Gold Mines were obtained and used as a camp, townsite, grocery store and community hall. The site was used as a logging camp until 1970.

Co-ordinatesN 5274733 m, 17 406861 m(NAD83) 

Camp 516 Jerome.JPG (36145 bytes)
Special thanks to Bill Blight from Espanola, who made available the locations, photos and camp descriptions
Note about the map images:

Copyright: Extract of the data sets
Mozhabong_41J16 at 1:50,000
    İHer Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada
    Reproduced with the permission of Natural Resources Canada

The maps were produced with QV Touratech using the topomaps from QuoVadis.


Spanish Forest Lumber Camps of 1945 to 2002

Click here to get back to Erhard's Home Page
Click here to get to Erhard's Favorite Paddling Areas